The Sent Christian School
The Sent Christian School is a private Christian school and is filed as a 501-C non-profit organization. The Sent Christian School is hosted by the church KCPC and proudly founded upon KCPC's vision to serve the local community and raise up leaders to be "sent" out into the world. We are also licensed by the Virginia Department of Education as a religious exempt child-care center. TSCS is a member school of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
The Sent Christian School (TSCS) opened its doors in the Fall of 2022. As dedicated educators and believers, we are keenly attuned to the high demand for faith-based schools across the region. We desire to provide an option for parents to feel comfortable, knowing that the curriculum, staff, and environment will be Christ-centered and safe. We prioritize an early start to educating and nurturing the development of the whole child--socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and spiritually
“We are here… to know Jesus more fully.
We are here… to love others.
We are here… to make disciples.”
We desire to foster a Christ-centered environment in order that we may:
1. Teach the children to love God and love others (Matthew 22:37-39)
2. Nurture an unwavering faith that stands firm against opposing worldviews (Prov 22:6, Romans 12:2)
3. Cultivate a longing for Godly knowledge and wisdom (Proverbs 1:7; 3:5)
4. Equip and train the children to be mature followers of Christ (Ephesians 4:13-14)
We believe that our Christ-centered faith and Biblical teachings provide the strongest foundation for the education of children. Christian education in our school begins with the acknowledgment that all strengths and abilities come as a gift from God’s love. Our commitment to Christian values are displayed in our staff and teachers, and throughout our curriculum. Centered in a Biblical worldview, students will find opportunities in our school for spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual, physical, and creative growth. Ultimately, TSCS seeks to foster an identity as children being set apart from the vain philosophies of our day (Col 2:8), and then "sent" into the world by God to demonstrate the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Christian and academic excellence.
The Sent Christian School (TSCS) Statement of Faith
The Sent Christian School (hereinafter “TSCS”) is founded upon the following eight values, which will be implemented into the various educational priorities of TSCS.
1. TSCS believes that there is one God who exists in three equally divine persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - coequal and co-eternal (Deuteronomy 6:4).
2. TSCS believe that there is salvation in Jesus Christ alone, and that there is no other way to be saved apart from Him (John 14:6, Acts 4:12).
3. TSCS believes that Scripture is without error or fault in all its teaching, and is sufficient to equip believers for life and faith (Matthew 5:18, 2 Timothy 3:16).
4. TSCS believes that the Church is a spiritual community of believers that has been purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ (Matthew 16:18).
5. TSCS believes that the Church has been entrusted to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all peoples and nations (Matthew 28:18, Acts 1:8).
6. TSCS believes that God created man and woman, and that there is no other gender apart from these (Genesis 1:27).
7. TSCS believes that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4).
8. TSCS is resolved to biblically train its next generation and send them out to become salt and light in the world (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, John 20:21).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The Sent Christian School adheres to the values of Korean Central Presbyterian Church, and as such embraces a robust Reformed Christian theology. However, we welcome students of any background.